Bring it Hollywood...
And, really, not much has changed. But for those who might be aimlessly wandering here for the first time, let me get you up to speed on my style by giving you my Top 10 Random Thoughts of the Day:
1. I now know that I like chocolate chip cookies better if they include rolled oats.
2. The Paleo Diet does take off significant amount of weight quickly. So does Pure Barre. Doing both is a magical combination. But one should also note that abruptly taking a pause from both activities results in rapid weight gain. You can take my personal promise on that one.
3. I'm still scared about our continued failure and inability to regulate the financial industry. I know that statement is kind of like throwing a bucket of ice on one's head, but it needs to be said.
4. My youngest son started speaking. "No" is his favorite word but you really don't mind hearing it because it sounds so unbelievably cute.
5. We only had four weeks of summer out here in the Pacific Northwest. And, my oh my, did we live those four weeks. Swimming, traveling, seeing friends, sunning. We went so hard that we collapsed this past weekend, drank beer, made chili and pounded cookies. All while lying on the couch watching football. AAA-RHOOO Fall!
6. That actor from the Big Bang Theory (Jim Parsons) just won an Emmy and I think he's pretty much the most adorable geek ever. LOVE him. All little kids, especially my own, should aspire to be geeks.
7. Missoni? Target? Did they have some kind of sale or something? I kid. Just like every other blogger, I went nuts trying to buy some Missoni goods and got my butt kicked by the Ebay shoppers.
The adorable husband.
8. Amy Poehler at the Emmys was magical. And Melissa McCarthy. And Martha Plimpton. And Edie Falco. And Tina Fey. And Laura Linney. Seriously, all jumping on the stage? I love it when the ladies are HILARIOUS and united. I almost peed my pants I laughed so hard. Wait, I've had two kids, so I kinda did pee my pants.
9. It's raining now and has been raining the last two days. Really, is anyone surprised? I do live in Seattle.
10. I've missed blogging. I've also missed Fall TV. It appears that Zooey Deschanel stole my personality for inspiration on her new TV show New Girl. No, seriously, I kid you not.